The Hannin Creek Education Centre, a partnership between the Saskatchewan Wildlife Federation and Saskatchewan Polytechnic, is located in the beautiful Boreal Forest in remote Northern Saskatchewan on the shores of Candle Lake. The camp is the ideal location for school groups, camps, youth programs, outdoor clubs and various meetings and conferences.
The Saskatchewan Wildlife Federation (SWF) host many events at Hannin Creek, including their popular youth conservation camps, annual Women’s Outdoor Weekends, and staff retreats. Saskatchewan Polytechnic students take advantage of the camp facilities for vital research and outdoor education courses. Just imagine what your organization could do at Hannin Creek.
Click here to learn about the history of Hannin Creek.
Hannin Creek Camp offers all the amenities for your group. All you have to bring is your sense of adventure!
OUR FACILITIES INCLUDE:
- Free Wi-Fi connection
- A commercial kitchen and dining hall, complete with camp chef to prepare all your meals
- Brand new washroom facilities
- A classroom meetings space with satellite connection, video projector, speakers and DVD unit
- Overnight accommodation for up to 70 people (8 cabins that comfortably sleep 8 each and one councillor cabin which sleeps 5)
OUR OUTDOOR FACILITIES INCLUDE:
- Everything you need for a day on the water: boats, motors, canoes, paddles and PFDs
- Everything you need for a day in the woods: archery range, pellet gun range, and the option of trapping and wildlife activities
- And of course, everything you need at the end of the day: Camp fire pit, picnic benches and tables
*Please note that the following is NOT included: food, bedding and toiletries
Hannin Creek Education and Applied Research Centre is a silver recipient of the Global Best Award for thecategory of Partnerships that Build Learning Communities in North America, and is also recognized by the Saskatchewan Polytechnic at it’s annual Presidents’s awards for leadership and partnerships.
We are grateful to acknowledge Cabela’s Canada Outdoor Fund for the addition of a new bridge, 3D archery range and trailer, and to Sask Lotteries for their ongoing support of SWF education programming.
For the last two years, the Prince Albert Grand Council (PAGC), Saskatchewan Polytechnic and Saskatchewan Wildlife Federation (SWF) have been collaborating on the encampment near Candle Lake. The Indigenous Outdoor Learning Centre is an extension of the Hannin Creek Camp. Four tipis were raised on June 15, 2022 for the new Indigenous Outdoor Learning Centre, called mitho askiy kiskēyihtamowin, which is Cree for good learning through experiences on the land.
For more information, visit https://hannincreekcamp.org/ or call 306-692-8812.