The Saskatchewan Wildlife Federation encourages all women to expand and strengthen their outdoor skills and knowledge by joining us for a Women’s Outdoor Weekend (WOW)!
This is an opportunity to learn new skills, try your hand at a variety of wilderness activities and increase your outdoor confidence through activities like archery, knife skills, fishing and filleting, shelter building, plant and animal identification, fire building, canoeing and so much more!
Joined by our friendly experienced staff and other adventure-seeking women out at Hannin Creek Education & Research Centre at Candle Lake, SK. This is a weekend you won’t want to miss, and one you won’t soon forget!
Spring WOW: May 26-28, 2023
Fall WOW: September 22-24, 2023
To register for Spring WOW, please fill out the registration form, and submit back to Central Office, along with your payment.
Cost for W.O.W. is $250 for SWF members, and $275 for non-members.
Age required to attend WOW: Ages 19+
OUR CAMP FACILITIES INCLUDE:
- Free Wi-Fi connection
- A commercial kitchen and dining hall, complete with camp chef to prepare all your meals
- Brand new washroom facilities
- A classroom meetings space with satellite connection, video projector, speakers and DVD unit
- Overnight accommodation for up to 70 people (8 cabins that comfortably sleep 8 each and one councillor cabin which sleeps 5)
OUR OUTDOOR CAMP FACILITIES INCLUDE:
- Everything you need for a day on the water: boats, motors, canoes, paddles and PFDs
- Everything you need for a day in the woods: archery range, and the option of trapping and wildlife activities
- And of course, everything you need at the end of the day: Camp fire pit, picnic benches and tables
*Please note that the following is NOT included: bedding and toiletries
For more information on our Women’s Outdoor Weekend, contact the SWF Central Office at 306-692-8812 or firstname.lastname@example.org.