We invite you to join 33,000 conservationists around Saskatchewan as an SWF Member!
Get your provincial or branch membership now
If you are a conservationist with a passion for the outdoors, we invite youto join us as a member of the Saskatchewan Wildlife Federation! Support local events and provincial initiatives that enhance fish and wildlife habitats and enable outdoor education in the province.
Your membership helps support fish and wildlife habitat enhancement and outdoor education initiatives taking place in Saskatchewan, including:
Habitat Trust: Established in 1978, the Habitat Trust program secures and manages critical wildlife habitats, presently holding approximately 70,000 acres of these crucial properties across the province.
FWDF Program: The SWF administers an additional 166,000 areas of critical wildlife land in conjunction with the Fish and Wildlife Development Fund
Fisheries Enhancement: Through an agreement with the FWDF, the SWF manages approximately 150 fisheries enhancement projects in Saskatchewan, including habitat restoration and stocking initiatives. In addition, the SWF administers the Saskatchewan Provincial Fish Hatchery out of Fort Qu’Appelle.
Outdoor Education: SWF is proud to co-own and manage the internationally recognized Hannin Creek Education and Applied Research Facility at Candle Lake, and operates many education programs, including:
- Youth Outdoor Conservation Camp
- Women’s Outdoor Weekend
- National Archery in Schools Program (NASP)
- BigFoot Snow Shoe Loans
- Classrooms on Ice
- Classrooms in the Marsh
- Wildlife Poster Program
- Fish in Schools (FiNS) Program
Saskatchewan Wildlife Federation has different types of memberships available:
Benefits of Membership
On top of enhancing Saskatchewan’s habitat lands and improving access to outdoor education for our youth, SWF membership boasts many additional benefits:
- $5,000 Accidental Death & Injury Benefit while participating in fishing, hunting, shooting, archery and other Federation authorized outdoor activities. Includes Lyme disease diagnosis and travel expenses.
- $5,000,000 Personal Excess Liability. Personal Limit (excess of any Primary Personal Liability) relating to hunting, fishing, and Federation authorized outdoor activities, for bodily injury or property damage which the member may be obligated to pay.
- $4,000 Accidental Death Benefit for each member in good standing. This coverage is in effect 24 hours a day, anywhere in the world.
- $500,000 US Liability Coverage – Defense expense is included.
- $25,000 Search and Rescue Insurance Coverage
- Additional $10,000 life insuranceAdditional Insurance Available to SWF members
Members ALSO receive
- a bimonthly copy of the Outdoor Canada West magazine (delivered to your door)
- Access to the Western Woods and Waters digital magazine
- 10% off at Mark’s Work Wearhouse
- Eligibility* to enter provincial angling, hunting and photography competitions (some restrictions apply)